Month : ________________
1. When did you get up from bed ?
2. How many hours did you sleep ?
3. How many Malas of Japa ?
4. How long in Kirtan ?
5. How many Pranayamas ?
6. How long did you perform Asanas ?
7. How long did you meditate in one Asana?
8. How many Gita Slokas did you read or get by heart ?
9. How long in the company of the wise (Satsanga) ?
10. How many hours did you observe Mouna ?
11. How long in disinterested selfless service ?
12. How much did you give in charity ?
13. How many Mantras you wrote ?
14. How long did you practice physical exercise ?
15. How many lies did you tell and with what self-punishment ?
16. How many times and how long of anger and with what self-punishment ?
17. How many hours you spent in useless company ?
18. How many times you failed in Brahmacharya ?
19. How long in study of religious books ?
20. How many times you failed in the control of evil habits and with what self-punishment ?
21. How long you concentrated on your Ishta Devata (Saguna or Nirguna Dhyana) ?
22. How many days did you observe fast and vigil ?
23. Were you regular in your meditation ?
24. What virtue are you developing ?
25. What evil quality are you trying to eradicate ?
26. What Indriya is troubling you most ?
27. When did you go to bed ?
The Spiritual Diary
The Spiritual Diary is a whip for goading the mind towards righteousness and God. If you regularly maintain this diary you will get solace, peace of mind and make quick progress in the spiritual path. Maintain a daily diary and realise the marvellous results.
Prepare a statement of daily Spiritual Diary for every month as shown on the opposite page and verify whether you are progressing or not. If you want quick spiritual attainments, you should never neglect to record everything in your diary. To change the worldly nature it needs rigorous Sadhana. Apart from these questions you must also mention the following in the remarks column:?
1. The name of the Asanas.
2. The kind of meditation.
3. What books do you keep for Svadhyaya?
4. What is your special diet?
5. Do you keep a Japa Mala?
6. Have you got a separate meditation room?
7. How do you keep the meditation room?
8. Do you read Gita with meaning?
Do not be ashamed to mention your mistakes, vices and failures. This is meant for your own progress only. Do not waste your precious hours. It is enough that you have wasted so many years in idle-gossiping. Enough, enough of the troubles you had all these days in satisfying your senses. Do not say:?“from tomorrow I will be regular.” That “tomorrow” is for the worthless worldly-minded fools. Be sincere and start doing Sadhana from this moment. Be sincere. Take out a copy of the Spiritual Diary and send it on to your Guru, who will guide you, remove all the obstacles in your Sadhana and give you further lessons.